Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hello to my friends pretty far away!

Happy Wednesday morning, friendlies.
  We walked 30 minutes to Mackevision at The Deco building today. Thirty-minutes in the sun and heat whips your but! But it's all good because I want to get in better shape and walking a total of one hour is a good start!
    The last two days have been NUTS. We're looking for an apartment but because Danny is already working getting a chance to go check anything out has been a tiny bit difficult. But it's given us a bit of time to get a list of places going. We so far have like 6 or 7 to look at and judging by their pictures they're all really nice and between here in LA and Beverly Hills. I know when you think Beverly Hills you're probably thinking I'm going to pay a gazillion dollars. NOT THE CASE. haha We have found places in Beverly that are just as much if not a little less than where we are right in Los Angeles. Our hotel is about 2 blocks from Beverly Hills. Fun, right? Beverly Hills is beautiful and seems quite safe. With lots and lots to do. California is pretty darn amazing. I don't feel like I'm away from home; though it doesn't have the same home-y feel as my favorite city, Charleston SC, it's close so I can't complain! It costs just as much for us to live in Beverly Hills as it would if we lived in downtown historic Charleston. Houses are even similar because they seem to have been originally built as single family homes in the 20s and have been converted into lovely apartments. Grocery stores are my problem. Although when walking to Mackevision we found one! Thank God. I'm so sick of gas station snack food that is horrible! So that's a huge relief. It's only a minute or two away (when driving) and they have parking right below. Parking has been the biggest issue. Just to go to Target it just seems difficult unless we drive 20 minutes to Thousand Oaks. One nice thing about Thousand Oaks is its a smaller town and a little more like towns at home in Michigan so there is a comfort level there that I tend to gravitate to. Nothing can be described here as being "like" anywhere in Michigan. Things are laid out here completely different than back home. It would almost be like partridge creek was a town... so there is a road through it but a similar close feel. The mall here is half outdoors and half indoors. It's great. They have escalators OUTSIDE. You could never do that in Michigan. The weather would kill it. Anyway- I have some things to do so I hope everyone has a lovely day.

XO

No comments: