Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy Wednesday

I was so totally sick both yesterday and Monday. My gosh. Not fun. I've summed it up to gastritis. Yeah, lucky me. It's basically when your stomach lining gets freaking mad and it starts to rebel and want to kill you. haha That's my own personal explanation. ;) Pretty much just felt nauseous all day without the relief of being able to throw up. Sorry, semi-graphic, I apologize. So I lived off of water and pretzels for two entire days until last night I was able to eat some soup without it making everything feel worse. Um things to remember for in the future when it happens again:
+ Drink lots of water
+ Stick to only bland food
+ Get some probiotic yogurt, or in my case some nasty smoothie the husband found at Target.
+Eliminate the stress and emotions causing stomach to feel sick.
Basically? Don't get out of bed at all, put on something happy to watch and sleep and chill out. I seem to be able to get it to go away within two days. Today I feel pretty much 100% better. Very happy about that. When your stomach is sick for more than a day you seem to forget what it feels like to feel better! Makes for a nice melancholy day. All good, and back to work. Though I didn't do too much today accept organize an Excel document. The fact that I'm working in Excel is in and of itself hilarious. Back when I was 16 I took I microsoft office course at the local community college, this covered all of Microsoft office. When we got to Excel I wanted to kill someone. It was insanely difficult and I swore I would never ever work in it. Being an artist I assumed I'd never look at an Excel spreadsheet for the rest of my days. Until I was offered an assistant position at my husband's company and of course I couldn't say no. I'm an artist, that means I rarely make money. haha So I accepted this part time job doing simple office tasks and taking care of phone calls and appointments. Pays steady and that's all I care about. :) So here I sit organizing and editing Excel spreadsheets. I wanted to hurt anything with a pulse until I sat down and just started tinkering. Turns out 'editing' an already existing file isn't so complicated once you get a handle on what the heck is going on. :) No, this doesn't mean I like it, but I'm not horrified anymore, so that's a win in my book.
   
Anyway, for the hundredth time in my life, but first time in the last few years I sit here awaiting the arrival of 5:00 when I can escape to go home and proceed to do things I want to do. Speaking of work, my own business will be back up and running as soon as my pods get unloaded. Which will be sometime next week. I didn't expect for it to take this long, but I'll keep the site posted on Maddox & Klaus business shortly. :) Alrighty, time to flee to the internet for a bit and browse my little heart out. Happy Wednesday, friends. <3 HA! Boss just left, which means >>>THIS GIRL<<< is free. ;) XO


No comments: