Friday, June 8, 2012

Is it over yet?

Okay, lots going on. Unfortunately most of it is bad. haha Shoot me.... LA is taking years off my life, I swear. Anyway, so we're having nothing but issues getting our pods delivered. According to this stupid city it's illegal to drop them off. Yeah? Whatever. So we're going to have the movers come, unload the pods and take them away immediately. It seems to be the only way around this. They should be able to unload them in like an hour. We don't have a ton of stuff! Thank God.

Yesterday I logged on to our bank account just to check on things and WHOA. Some moron has stolen our credit card info and has been getting 99.39 from a gas station since June 1st. He's used about 1000.00 from our account. New lesson learned? DON'T USE DEBIT CARDS. Learned the hard way. Fortunately we have the police on it and also our bank is giving our money back and it's not as difficult as I thought, thank God. So anyway we called the police in Clovis California last night and talked to a really awesome officer he was really interested in taking care of this situation because there is actually a chance to catch the guy. He's a total moron and has been going to the same gas station every night around the same time. I'm not a criminal and even I know that's asking to get caught. It says right on my history the name of the place. IDIOT, but I'm thankful he's an idiot because the possibility of busting his sorry ass. The police officer went to the gas station last night and was questioning the clerk who didn't even speak freaking English which pissed the cop off, but he had the guy call the manager to come to the gas station and pull out the security tapes. It doesn't seem they saw anything much on the tapes- the guy who is making the transactions is coming to the gas station at closing time and using the pump. So it seems he's using our number for gas. So the cop is all about it and is giving us advice about everything and was incredibly helpful. They're going to stake out the place at the time he was making the withdrawals and see if they can figure anything more out. I don't remember how they figured out he was coming every day. I think they got that info just from general transactions and Danny told to police officer our card number and the amounts that are being taken out EVERY NIGHT, sometimes twice at a time. It's nuts. I hope they can actually get him, because according to the cop this guy most likely already has a record. He was taking the case to the Sheriff. So we'll see what happens, he said if they figured anything out he'd call. But he said as long as nothing more pressing came up that night he was going to the gas station and keep an eye on things. Really awesome guy. He used to live in LA, too, apparently. He said he convinced himself to like it, haha. He said that's the best thing you can do. You have to decide to like it and convince yourself otherwise you'll get stressed out and it's not worth it. Nice guy~ Best police experience I've ever had. They were excellent. :) OH also, this gas station is 4 hours away and we've never been there. Apparently its really easy to steal debit card info from gas pumps and happens all the time. They can use library cards to replicate the strip on the back. Lovely, right? Criminals are disgusting and need to be killed. Oh and I'm all for the death penalty. Some people just need to die. I don't care. But that's off topic. ;)

So other than that everything else is semi-tame. Annoying and frustrating but those are the worst of our issues currently. We got internet at our apartment yesterday, thank goodness. It's rough without it and my phone is stressful to do anything more than facebook and music on. So I'm happy to have my laptop available again. :)

Anyway- I think that's about it on the update of our crazy and heck life here in California. Moving is so stressful. I've cried multiple times, I won't lie. It's been hard. I haven't had homesickness, honestly I really love it here, I'm just tired of living outside the norm and I just want everything to chill so we can move on get regain some normalcy to life. 

OH one more; I started my job today! I haven't actually 'worked'. I'm learning about the company right now and seeing how everything is going to work. It really is actually my kind of work. I'm just making phone calls, setting up appointments and writing some pretty huge emails. I can handle that. ;) I'm an executive assistant. First title I've ever had and I can't complain. ;) Alright- I'll wrap this up. Hope everyone is having a good Friday. 

XO

No comments: