Monday, June 4, 2012

Still alive

I'm sorry! I know you think I'm a slacker. I haven't had internet and we just left the hotel yesterday to semi-move in to our new apartment here in Los Angeles!!! It's empty- but when we get some things moved in I'll snap pictures. I love it. It was built in 1933 so it's charming and has very very high ceilings and wood floors... art deco goodness. I love my little home nestled a block away from Melrose. Walking distance to a Starbucks, Farmers Market, ANTHROPOLOGIE... oh yes. Lots more. We got really lucky with this little gem. Our landlord is so nice and so far we haven't met our neighbors, but the neighborhood is mainly people our age... and it seems most walking out and about are woman my age. 

Anyway. Let me just catch ya'll up. Yesterday morning we checked out of our hotel. THANK GOD. I was so tired of dealing with cleaning people and no fridge, etc. Constantly eating out gets extremely old and expensive! We did however have some amazing tacos yesterday. We're ran into to Baja Fresh which I figured I'd give one more chance (I didn't love it when we tried it in Troy) so we just got a couple tacos and some chips and salsa. VERY GOOD. We had gone to a fun little bar with Danny's boss' and Chad, co-worker + friend. It was my first bar experience; I know. I'm 25, typically 25 year old's are in party stage. Not the case with yours truly. I'm not a drinker. I have the occasional fancy girly drink, but never in my entire life have I been drunk. Ick. I don't see the point and I think abusing alcohol is just plain immature. Generally you just make yourself look like a fool. Anyway the tacos at that place were super good and I have to say the Baja Fresh ones were equal. :) Lots of extra cilantro because I heart it and some hot salsa and lime. Perfection. I was a happy girl. So after an ENTIRE day of getting house things, mind you most of those house things aren't the fun things. I spent a gazillion dollars on Curtain rods. And I got the cheaper ones! They're nice, though, I think they'll look great. So we finally had all our curtain stuff, FINALLY got home, got the car unloaded proceeded to hang curtains. No screw drivers. Totally forgot we didn't have our tools! SO back to the store we went for screw drivers. Got them and a hammer, just in case. Came back it was now getting late so we decided, tack up the curtains tonight, we'll hang them tomorrow. But we still needed our shower curtain. Naturally, we bought the one that bows out so it's more spacious in the shower. That beast requires an electric screw driver. Kill me. My lovely husband ran out and bought one, then found out he needed drill bits. We ended up having to bail on the shower-rod last night and I was about to just fall asleep. So we hooked up the computer and threw in the only DVD we had with us, which was Men in Black, I crashed, I was exhausted. 

Woke up this morning and our air mattress was a bit deflated. Now I'm sitting at Mackevision. haha Oh, btw, this is my future work place. I just need to finish up my resume so they have it on file then they'll figure out what they'll need me to do and I'll be good to go. I'm nervous, but happy. How many people get to work with their husbands? Not many, so I'm taking this as a "God thing" and running with it. ;)

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. 

XO

No comments: