Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy Tuesday

Today is my lovely husband's 29th birthday! So far it's been pretty quiet and enjoyable. It's a nice very hot day here in Los Angeles. We've been here for 2 months and it hasn't rained once. Every single day has been bright and sunny and a perfect 75-85 degrees! Perfection. It's gotten to a point where we don't even check our weather app; we know what the weather will be... Same as always. Can't complain, my poor Michigan family has been slammed with a heat wave and well, their house has no air conditioning! Makes me quite thankful for our 65 degree nights. Because our apartment doesn't have air, either! Back to the hubster's birthday. Since its just the two of us we decided baking cupcakes wasn't necessary, so we're heading to Milk after work to pick up a red velvet cupcake and a piece of blue velvet cake; which we hear is amazing. Since we're grown ups we're ratting dessert before dinner. ;) I got him a diesel watch, which he picked out so it's a given that he liked it. Still blasted waiting on his other gifts to arrive. Bought online and naturally it seems it's taking more than a week to arrive! Next Friday my mom, dad and littlest sister, Ashlind, are coming to LA to see us! So excited! I haven't seen my family in two months! Record for me, the longest I had gone without seeing them was like 2 weeks! Never thought I'd be able to do it, but being so busy has made the time go by quickly and liking where I live has made the homesickness fleating. I still miss my family but note hometown. It's not a lovely place. But I do miss the people in it. Very excited for everyone to make their rounds out here. I have a feeling none of them will want to leave. So much goes on here there is literally never a dull moment. Which is a nice break coming from a sad boring town like Port Huron. A city where the gyms go out of business and Old Navy can't even survive. Get my point? I love that there is always something to do here. Always! Anyway, I'd update pictures but I'm on my iPad and it's not working. Hope everyone has a lovely week. XO

No comments: