Thursday, April 11, 2013

Howdy

Happy Thursday, friends!
 The weather here in LA is beautiful. It was 80 degrees yesterday and of course, sunny... it's ALWAYS sunny. I don't understand how we didn't get that slogan. Nope, "California, the golden state", yeah, okay, but it's sunny here probably 300 days a year and we didn't get the "Sunshine state"? The only logical explaination is when Florida decided it was always sunny there they hadn't experienced southern California... ah... I just answered my own question. I'm referring to Southern Cali, maybe northern isn't as promising. OKAY, MOVING ON! :)

 So I honestly don't know if I had the flu or food poisoning or some weird allergic reaction but I spent Tuesday night hurling. Yeah, what fun. I better have lost some weight. My stomach looks a little more concave than it did Monday. ;) Anyway, so I finally fell asleep and then spent the remainder of yesterday sleeping on the couch listening/watching Hart of Dixie and Mary Poppins. There is something about Disney movies when you're sick.... I just don't understand but they're always my go-to sick on the couch choice. That or Pride & Prejudice... Anyway, I managed to drag myself out last night which took way more energy than it should've but the thought of it being gorgeous outside I couldn't pass up! It was our first hot day in a while and I felt I had to experience the end of it. It was lovely. I'm all better this morning. Just experiencing that weird recovery feeling, like my stomach feels... hollow? I don't know how to describe it but it's annoying.

Onto another topic, sickness is boring. And probably TMI. Sorry. I try to keep it lady like but I'm sure only my girl friends are reading this anyway and sickness happens! Anyway, I found out, and I'm probably really behind o
n this, but they're making another Finding Nemo movie! Which is my favorite Pixar movie so I'm thrilled about that! It's called Finding Dory. YES. I'm watching Ellen clips so that's how I found out. Happiness.

I'M GOING HOME IN JUNE!
So come see me. Ashlind and I are planning a fun little graduation party for her. Festive and fun! I'm excited. Actually I'm going to post some of our inspiration pictures for you all to see once I finish talking. Oh and yes, going home in June probably means going home in August is off. June was more convenient because my family wanted to come out here in August or something so that makes things easier.
This is my baby sister, Ashlind, who is graduating! Crazy. Makes me feel old... we're 9 years apart so yeah, it makes me feel old. haha I love her pretty face to pieces, though, and I'm glad I get to go home for her party. And decorate it. She and I have pretty much exactly the same taste! Win. Makes party planning easy because she liked and okayed all my ideas. Woohoo.

First things first, the invitation. Now I don't believe everyone is getting one because I couldn't even begin to tell you who is coming, but close family and friends will be getting one. The rest I believe will be put in an event on Facebook. :) Invitation was designed by yours truly. Put my meager graphic design skills to work.

 I probably won't be able to pull together this garland because I wouldn't know where to get the metallic stuff... but the colors are what we like. Maybe I could find balloons in these colors... hmmmm...
 Because store bought confetti isn't good enough... I'm making my own. Tissue paper for the win. I think this confetti is beautiful and we are planning on getting clear balloons to put it in. 


 This garland is awesome and the how-to made it seem pretty easy, so I think I'll try to do some.

This is probably my favorite idea. I'm thinking about making balloon garland, though, we'll see if we want them on the wall but the plan is to do a lot of garland. 
We're doing cupcakes, vanilla but the cake will be dyed hot pink, then with the minty color buttercream and little edible gold star glitter. We've all been homeschooled so when it comes to our grad parties we never stick with the traditional school colors. WHO CARES. haha

Alrighty, I'm out. Hope everyone has had a nice week!

XO

No comments: