Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Awakening

"Hoax exposer, Florence Cathcart (Rebecca Hall), discovers a terrifying truth at a boarding school and soon the ghost hunter becomes the hunted in this shocking mystery."

I'm not generally a person who likes horror movies. At all. No way. But this one doesn't really fall under 'horror' even though that is the genre it's listed under. I would call it a thriller at best. I enjoyed it, though! It was slightly creepy, I loved that the era wasn't modern day and I liked that I didn't go to bed frightened. I thought it was a great movie, one that I may watch again when the mood strikes. I even liked the ending, so that alone (in my opinion) removes it from the horror genre. ;)
If you're in the mood for a thrilling mystery but not in the mood to pick up a big 'ol book; watch it.

XO

P.S. For those of you with Netflix, it's now on 'watch now'.

au revoir.
 

1 comment:

Lenae May said...

TOTally LOVED this movie and it's a buyer!!!!!!!!!!