Monday, May 6, 2013

Is there really such a thing as a 'good' Monday?

Good morning, friends.
 Well, for some of you on the other side of the country this is more like afternoon. It's raining here, today, which I am loving. I think It's rained maybe 10 times in a year and even less of those times were actually a lot of rain. Los Angeles has almost no weather. It's nice. It hardly rains, it doesn't snow, we don't get thunderstorms (not that I have experienced) It seems one of the only natural disasters we have to worry about are earthquakes and I've lived here a year and have only felt one and a small tremor. I'm sure I'll experience more as the years go by. I think the only weather I truly miss are thunderstorms. I love them. I miss them.

 Anyway, this weekend was nice and then it was terrible! Yesterday was just.... stupid. haha My husband and I did break down and buy a big 'ol shelving unit at Ikea along with figuring out our messed up bed situation. So despite humanity making yesterday a real living hell it ended well. I did however have a minor accident (again) and broke my stupid phone. Fell out of my pocket in a parking garage. Didn't even bounce, just fell straight down on the GLASS face and shattered. Lovely. Every time this happens I curse Steve Jobs. I just automatically blame him and his stupid glass phone. I'm not one of those weird Apple lovers. I own it because it looked nice and everyone convinced me I couldn't live without it, but seriously, this is the second time I've broken it and if I get it fixed again I think I'm up to about 450.00 into the dumb thing and that just isn't happening. SO I'll buy the new one and finish this stupid one off... with a hammer. It's kind of a dream, actually. I fantasize about smashing the dumb thing to smithereens. ;) I don't really know why I put a winking face, I'm quite serious... I'm not angry right now.... It fills me with utter glee to think of smashing this phone. :)

SO business news. Um. I'm sick of it? haha I think I am finally going to just call it. I am so tired of being let down on literally a daily basis and apparently I am just not lucky enough to be self employed and have it not be a waste of time. I am just going to go out and find some job that will pay me and appreciate my work. I find my business makes me sad and depressed more often then not. Actually, that's not even true, it only ever makes me sad and depressed and I'm tired of being envious of people who have accomplished instant success. I physically and emotionally can't handle it anymore. Being a failure for 4 years will really wear a person down. This descision doesn't mean I don't think I'm good; I think I am excellent at what I do. YES, I have failed, I have friends who want to try to sugar coat that, but seriously, I'm a realist, I have failed. haha I don't care about it anymore. That makes me sad, too. I feel like I started out so confident and life has beaten me down. I used to be really good at getting back up and continuing on, but I'm just over it. I'm not someone who likes to quit, which is why I've kept this going for years... but it's time.
Anyway, this definitely turned into a novel and my mood is slipping to the dark side. ;) Can I blame the gloomy weather? Please?

Happy Monday, (HA) if there is such a thing. ;)

xo

No comments: