Monday, June 4, 2012

What I'm going for...

 So the idea of a dining room is still up for debate. Technically in our apartment there isn't a specific place for one. We're contemplating adding a small table into the living area by the kitchen, but we'll see about that. I am contemplating using a little table I have from home (not unpacked yet) for a small eating area. The living room is huge and we can easily squeeze in a small dinner table. Mine is a busted up bakers table and its an acorn wood. I LOVE the rugged looking tables with the mod type chairs.
 This was some shelf inspiration I was going for in our kitchen. It was built in 1933, so its tiny with very limited counters space and cupboards. SO I will need a shelf or two. There is a large open space by our stove that I'd like to find a cabinet for. We can put our dishes in there so that hunt will begin soon. I tend to gravitate to black and white with the acorn wood and gray accents. So the colors in the photo above just made me happy. :)
Chalk board! I so want to do this. I'm not sure if I'll be able to or not. I'm a little peeved. Basically in our rent agreement it says we can paint or whatever but it has to be done by a contractor. Um, the guy who painted the bathroom sucked, and I could've and would've done a much better job. Apparently taping off is something the idiot didn't know about so now there is mint green paint on the tiles. What the heck? Anyway- I can live with it, but seriously. If that is the example of contractor work, I'm less than impressed and I would've put up a fuss about that mess. I'd like to do a chalkboard wall, but like I said, who knows if I'll be able to.
I know its weird.... haha but I would LOVE this picture semi large on my living room wall. Something about it I love. I'm not a cat person, but art-wise this is something I like. :)

This is the sofa we're getting. We went to Santa Monica last week to look at it. I think it will go really well with our style. :) This is also the color I'm going for. Break up my black and white obsession a little bit.

No comments: