Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Truer words were never spoken...

Yes, quotes again. I feel like I turn to them so often that I have actually memorized them and really just play them on a loop in my brain every day simply to keep sane.
I live in a city that really tries my patience in a prettttttty huge way. 
Good 'ol Los Angeles. LA as the locals call it.
NIGHTMARE. haha
I am not a  city girl. I used to dream of city living as a teenager. Literally it was all I wanted. However, I feel I'm probably not the typical girl with those dreams because it wasn't New York City that I wanted to call home, it was Washington DC. I guess I have a thing for the palpable power eminating from the streets of our nations capital. 
However, I ended up in Los Angeles. A city of the most ridiculous, where the idiots of the world flock to. I swear, it is the Mecca for morons. No offense, to anyone who lives here (HA, right?) I apologize now because my feelings toward this messed up place won't change. 
If I want to be able to cope with what life has thrown me and where fate has placed me, this quote helps me deal. Am I being a bit dramatic? To some, probably. I accept the things I can't change, but I'm just trying to find something that will help me learn to love where I am. I have a feeling my life will always be around Los Angeles, and that's fine... I'm just hoping I can plant myself maybe in Santa Monica. I can handle Santa Monica. It gives you a vacation feel and something about it seems more realistic than Hollywood.
Well, seriously I didn't plan on even writing much today. I've had caffeine so I guess I'm a bit tweaked. ;)
Hope everyone has a lovely Wednesday! It's kind of/sort of almost the weekend!

XO

No comments: