Thursday, March 21, 2013

Yay for Thursday!

Almost the weekend, almost the weekend! I know someday I'll regret wishing my weeks away, but considering the only person I hang out with is my husband and he's only free on the weekends, sorry but those are just the best two days of the week! Well, Friday is good, too. ;)

Husband and I are planning a trip home in August and just in time for my bestie to bring her little baby girl into the world! (Congrats again to you guys, Danielle and Corey) I'm excited for August! :) Trying to get my aunt Jen to haul her family from South Carolina up to Michigan at the same time so we can see them. I miss them tons! Next year we're continuing our South Carolina vacation. I miss Seabrook Island and Charleston more than you know. I'm super excited to visit my dear old south again. So there is lots to look forward to! For the time being I'm going to be entertaining myself with my work (which I've taken a brief and much needed break from to regroup) and baby shopping! Not for me, in case you forgot my above sentence, it's for my best friend. Have to clarify because I think every time I even mention I'm tired, or my appetite is zilch, or whatever I'm instantly hounded with ARE YOU PREGNANT questions. haha I surprisingly don't hate it, but seriously, friends, when I am pregnant I will let you all know right up front. haha I won't hide it. Although I'll probably want to because I'm not one for attention. I think that is what scares me most about that experience.... ;)

Anyway, I have been browsing good ol Pinterest and have found some fun stuff that is sparking some major creativity in my little brain! I'm utterly obsessed with these colors! I have a bit of a neon craze going right now. I've been working on making my own beads. Like we're talking, the whole bead, not buying pre-made wood beads then painting them. No sir, I make them out of paper clay, wait days for the little beasts to dry and then sand them smooth and drill a hole and thennnnnnnn paint them and finish with a clear acrylic. Yeah, I can't seem to do anything the easy way. But these colors (together) will be making an appearance in my future work. That may take a while to post because like I said, it's a time consuming process and I've been taking a bit of a hiatus to regroup, help me not to quit, remember the reasons that keep me going with this thing called "self employment" and if it weren't for my awesome husband I'd be a starving artist for sure! So a little shout out to the wonderful man who keeps me fed. haha ;)


Well, my friends, I'm trying to get back into the swing of blogging. I'd do it regularly but I can't say I'd be very interesting. So I'll keep it to days where I have some sort of picture to share or idea to throw your way. Also I'll be using this blog to post my business creations as well. I'm kind of  jack of all trades so I do more than make jewelry. I'm getting some new garland ideas. My brain needs a vacation, but when I take a vacation that's when my imagination runs wild! Not a bad thing, but I'm tired. haha

XO

No comments: