Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Taxes, Starbucks and Permit parking...

Ah, how I long for the days of my youth where I had nothing to worry about but which Barbie to play with and whether or not to play inside or outside... Nope, these days my life is hectic and my worries are taxes, caffeine fixes and whether or not someone will do something about the horrible parking situations in our busy Los Angeles neighborhood.
Taxes: We were lucky enough to be able to keep our Michigan tax person! We really like him and we were really happy to learn that he can do our California taxes, too, so now I'm hoping (since we haven't heard whether things are good or bad haha) I'm hoping it means everything went smoothly. I know he has them done so I'm just waiting to get my paperwork; fingers crossed! I hate freelance stuff and dealing with a bazillion write offs and all that. I'm just hoping this  year we managed okay! :)
I'm about to run down to Starbucks, well' 'walk' there. I admit that is a lovely perk to living in a large city... I have the option of walking to not one but 2 Starbucks and if I wanted to experiment with new coffee there is a place one street over... But I'm a loyal Starbucks lover. I know they'll do a good job. 

One more thing! Our neighborhood is working on making our streets permit parking only! Eeeep!!! This is good! It takes forever to find a parking space and people will park on our street for the shopping on Melrose and the restaurants on Beverly so it's sooooo terrible. Permit parking would seriously ease the burden! Here's hoping!

XO

No comments: